The Erasmus Mundus programme
Presentation of the program -
The Euromime Master is one of the 131 European masters of the Erasmus Mundus program launched since now more than 7 years by the European Community. Erasmus Mundus is a cooperation and mobility programme in the field of higher education that aims to enhance the quality of European higher education; to promote the European Union as a centre of excellence in learning around the world; to promote intercultural understanding through cooperation with Third Countries as well as for the development of Third Countries in the field of higher education.
The Erasmus Mundus programme comprises three actions (Euromime profits from action 1A for the moment):
- Action 1: Implementation of Joint Programmes at Masters (Action 1 A) and Doctorate (Action 1 B) levels and award of individual scholarships/fellowships to participate in these programmes
- Action 2: Erasmus Mundus Partnerships (former External Cooperation Windows)
- Action 3: Promotion of European Higher Education
Action 1 provides:
- Support for high-quality joint masters courses (Action 1 A) and doctoral programmes (Action 1 B) offered by a consortium of European and possibly Third-Country HEIs. Other types of organisations concerned by the content and outcomes of the joint programme can participate in the consortium.
- Scholarships/fellowships for the Third-Country and European students/doctoral candidates respectively to follow these Erasmus Mundus joint masters courses and doctoral programmes.
- Short-term scholarships for Third-Country and European academics to carry out research or teaching
More information : http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus_mundus/programme/about_erasmus_mundus_en.php